PLAN AHEAD……PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION BELOW CAREFULLY …
JOY TO THE CHILDREN ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS 2020
- The Joy to the Children Program is for parents and legal guardians who have PHYSICAL CUSTODY of children 0-12yrs, who have no other means of providing gifts for their children. We do not sponsor nieces, nephews, or grandchildren unless you have proof of legal custody/guardianship. Nor do we sponsor parents who do not have PHYSICAL CUSTODY of their children.
- Acceptance into the Program is NOT GUARANTEED. Information provided on ALL applications will be reviewed to ensure accuracy and that they meet ALL eligibility requirements.
- SERVICE AREA: The CFCE program covers 23 towns and we are limited to helping families from these communities ONLY. The towns we cover are: Abington, Avon, Canton, Dedham, East Bridgewater, Easton, Foxboro, Franklin, Hanson, Holbrook, Mansfield, Middleboro, Norfolk, North Attleboro, Norton, Plainville, Randolph, Rockland, Sharon, Stoughton, West Bridgewater, Whitman, Wrentham. If you live somewhere outside our catchment area, please check with your local Social Service agencies for gift giving programs in your town.
- Families that have received assistance from this program for 6 years or more will be placed on a waitlist, and applications will be processed when/if sponsors become available.
- RETURNING FAMILIES, must participate in at least 4 CFCE activities during the calendar year, they expect to request assistance (1/1/20-10/30/20). Participation must be completed prior to October 30, 2020. If you have not completed the 4 activities by October 30, 2020 you will NOT receive an application, and you will NOT be eligible to participate in the Joy to the Children Program. (Eligible Activities & Guidelines)
- If you are eligible (you completed your activities by 10/30/20), you will either receive an email with a link to the application, or a hardcopy in the mail (if you do not have an email on file with us). It is your responsibility to keep your contact information up to date with us (email, mailing address, phone number).
- All eligible participating families will be required to complete the application within 2 weeks of receiving it, and provide a Proof of Address. You will not receive any reminders from CFCE staff.
- All families will be required to submit the following documentation with their applications:
- Proof of address (utility bill, lease, medical bill etc.). With name of parent/guardian applying for assistance on it. Self Help Inc. CFCE RESERVES THE RIGHT to randomly request the following documentation: Picture ID, copies of birth certificates for children, guardianship paperwork.
- In order to ensure you receive all communications from us in regard to Joy to the Children, please make sure you have a valid email on file with us, and/or a correct mailing address if you do not have an email.
- Parents will be responsible for scheduling gift pick up and picking up their gifts from our Avon site. A letter or email will be sent before the end of November to schedule your pick up.
- FAMILIES who do not schedule their pick up, will NOT receive a call from us, and their gifts will be redistributed!!
- If you fail to meet documentation requirements before the stated deadlines, your items will be red-distributed to other families in need
- NO GIFTS WILL BE DELIVERED.
- PARENTS MUST KEEP CONTACT INFORMATION (PHONE, EMAIL, AND ADDRESS) UP-TO-DATE!!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact either:
Gina McGarrigle at 508-559-1666 x 1814, email@example.com