PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION BELOW CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING …
JOY TO THE CHILDREN ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS 2017
- The Joy to the Children Program is for parents and legal guardians who have PHYSICAL CUSTODY of children 0-12yrs, who have no other means of providing gifts for their children. We do not sponsor nieces, nephews, or grandchildren unless you have proof of legal custody/guardianship. Nor do we sponsor parents who do not have PHYSICAL CUSTODY of their children.
- Acceptance into the Program is NOT GUARANTEED. Information provided on ALL applications will be reviewed to ensure accuracy and that they meet ALL eligibility requirements.
- SERVICE AREA: The CFCE program covers 23 towns and we are limited to helping families from these communities ONLY. The towns we cover are: Abington, Avon, Canton, Dedham, East Bridgewater, Easton, Foxboro, Franklin, Hanson, Holbrook, Mansfield, Middleboro, Norfolk, North Attleboro, Norton, Plainville, Randolph, Rockland, Sharon, Stoughton, West Bridgewater, Whitman, Wrentham. If you live somewhere outside our catchment area please check with your local Social Service agencies for gift giving programs in your town.
- Families that have received assistance from this program for 6 years or more will be placed on a waitlist, and applications will be processed when/if sponsors become available.
- REVISED: ALL returning families (any family that has ever received Joy to the Children Assistance), must participate in at least 1 CFCE programs during the calendar year, they expect to request assistance. Participation must be completed prior to submitting an application. (see attached information on applicable CFCE Programming)
- All families will be required to submit the following documentation with their applications:
- Proof of address (utility bill, lease, medical bill etc.). With name of parent/guardian applying for assistance on it. Self Help Inc. CFCE RESERVES THE RIGHT to randomly request the following documentation: Picture ID, copies of birth certificates for children, guardianship paperwork.
- Families who are involved with BLUE HILLS PARENTING/HEALTHY FAMILIES or SOUTH SHORE STARS, must submit applications though their workers at these programs.
- In order to ensure you receive all communications from us in regard to Joy to the Children, please make sure you have a valid email on file with us, and a correct mailing address if you do not have an email.
- Parents will be responsible for scheduling gift pick up and picking up their gifts from our Avon site. A letter or email will be sent before the end of November to schedule your pick up.
- FAMILIES who do not schedule their pick up, will NOT receive a call from us, and their gifts will be redistributed!!
- NO GIFTS WILL BE DELIVERED.
- PARENTS MUST KEEP CONTACT INFORMATION (PHONE, EMAIL, AND ADDRESS) UP-TO-DATE!!